Food of Love
Food of Love
Aromatic Sticky toffee pudding (Serves 8)
- 225g pitted dates
- 75g soft butter
- 200g demerara sugar
- 225g self- raising flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
Preheat the oven 180 c . Grease and line the base and sides of a 18 x 25 cm baking tin with baking parchment.
Put the dates in a food processor and pour 300 ml of just boiled water. Leave to soak for 5 minutes
Take a large bowl and mix together the butter, demerara sugar, flour, eggs and golden syrup. I use a hand held electric whisk until smooth
Now mix together the date with the bicarbonate soda into a puree and fold into the batter until well mixed.
Transfer to the tin and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
INGREDIENTS (TOFFEE SAUCE)
- 75 g butter
- 75 g dark brown muscovado sugar
- 250 ml double cream
- 2 Tbs golden syrup
METHOD (TOFFEE SAUCE)
Whilst the sponge is baking prepare the toffee.
- Melt the butter into a medium pan. Add the sugar, double cream and golden syrup. Bring to the boil, stirring. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until thickened.
- Cut the sponge into square and pour the toffee over the top
- Dress with the rose Nimish cream with a quenelle. This can take some practise but it does look good.
You need a cup of very hot water and a spoon. Dip the spoon into the hot water.
Place the far edge of the spoon into the mixture, close to the surface. Gently drag the spoon towards you, the crème should curl with the shape of the spoon
- Add rose petal around the plate
Saffron and Rosewater cream (Nimish)
- 450 g double cream
- 50g icing sugar
- 1 tsp of rose water
- Pinch of saffron strands, soaked in 100ml of warm milk, leave for 15 minutes
Whip the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form – do not over whip.
Sift in the icing sugar, then add the rose water and the now cool saffron milk and strands. Whisk together for a minute until smooth and a few bubbles appear on the surface. Chill overnight.
Serve with the Rose sticky toffee pudding.
Serve with a cocktail for true unadulterated decadence. Addictive to Love ( Browns hotel Donovan bar)
Remy Martín 1738, Disaronno amaretto, fig marmalade, kumquat and egg white.
Or a rose infused tea, created with style.
Linda Jayne x